Friday, August 23, 2013

Hunter Princess Blog Hop



So, even though I am now a pleasure, fun, lazy rider, I grew up in the Hunter Jumper World and I do still consider H/J "my discipline". I got so burned out on the politics and the snootiness that I ran as far as possible. I do still love my tall boots, my fly bonnets, my square pads with champion insignia, and open front jumping boots. In fact, the last 3 times I have ridden Trinity, she has been in full H/J regalia! I will have to post pictures this weekend.

Anyways, for this weeks Blog Hoppin'


What is your dream division?

My dream division was always the Junior Amateur Owners Division (affectionately known as the Jr A/Os). I only showed in the Jr A/Os once and bombed. I was comfortable and awesome in the Ch/A Jumpers at 3'3"-3'6", but that step to 3'6"-3'9" with 4' Verticals was enough to send me over the wall (literally). I was mostly a jumper, but the division that I had the most fun in was the Large Junior Hunters. My Hunter Horse (Charlie) was amazing. We came in a solid 2nd or 3rd a lot, because there was this most gorgeous of Grey WBs that kicked all of our asses a lot... Anyways, I went back to the jumpers with my next horse (Thelma), but I was never as happy as when I was doing the Jr. Hunters. I always wanted to make it to that next Jumper Level, but I never did before I got burnt out.

Me and my last show horse (Thelma) in the Ch/A Jumpers at Las Colinas Equestrian Center in Irving, Texas



7 comments:

  1. Found your blog through She Moved to Texas. :) Yeah Hunter Princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would shit my pants if I went into the AO ring. That's crude, but also true! Especially in the jumpers... they are GIANT. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was much younger and stupider then...I think if I was in hard core training again, then I would do it again, but I don't see that happening. I love just putzing around on my mare.

      Delete
  3. Found your blog through the hop! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog the same way everyone else did. :) Can't wait to follow and read more about you. I'm Paola, by the way.

    ReplyDelete