Friday, July 26, 2013

GOOD NEWS!!

So, I had a small melt down on Wednesday night because Trinity was HOBBLING lame. She was almost 3 legged, but no quite. Then, we notice Frosty had ribbed a chunk out of her side wall. Come on girls, really???? So we called our new farrier to come out, and he said he would be out soon. Then I called the vet to freak out on him. He was at dinner with his wife so I said I would talk to him in the morning. I hate bothering vets after hours if it isn't an emergency. I know they chose the life style, but they should get to have down time too.

Anyways, I talked to Dr. R on Thursday morning and he was going to be in the area around late afternoon so he said he would stop by again. I got off work early and raced to the barn in the pouring rain. When I got there Dr. R was there and goes "Well, good news,

AN ABSCESS POPPED!

OMG, I was so so so very happy! I was doing a dance around the pen! Sure enough, she had a big, nasty, pussy, bloody, smelly hole in the top of her foot. It was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen! I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures. Sorry! We soaked the foot in Betadine/Epsom Salt water and after 20 minutes she was walking off happily! I have never been so excited! 

Thank you everyone who was supportive and friendly! I have definitely learned my lesson about switching food. Even though I dodged a bullet this time, I will not be making that mistake again. You all were amazing, and it helped so much to have the supportive words. 

Phew! We will be SLOWLY transitioning them back to the barn's food and getting things back to normal. She is on a soak and bute for a couple more days and then she should be fine! 

HIP HIP HOORAY!

1 comment: