Monday, July 8, 2013

Liebster Award

Oh My! I just got nominated (TWICE!) for a blogging award. It is very exciting. When I started this blog I never intended to have followers and awards. I am so excited. I have met some great virtual friends over the time of my blog and love getting to know them and their lives through the words and pictures they post frequently. Thank you to both Alicia at The Adventures of Crispy Creme and S. Lauren at Riding Again. Both of your blogs are so exciting. Alicia, I love hearing about the adventures in Australia. S. Lauren, I love hearing about your lessons and your wedding planning, since I am planning a wedding as well. 



How to Accept the Award: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:


  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.

My 11 Random Facts:



  1. I am engaged to my best friend and I am getting married on October 12, 2013!
  2. I have been riding since before I turned 7.
  3. I work in the Audio/Visual Industry and have gotten 4 promotions in 2 years.
  4. I have 2 horses, 3 dogs, a cat, and a rabbit.
  5. I am a very close friend, I don't do acquaintances very well. I like to have close friends better than people I just know sort of. I will do ANYTHING for a friends, but burn me or treat me bad, and I am done. 
  6. I look like I am 16, until I put a helmet on, then I look like I am 12. 
  7. My entire family lives in Texas and I miss them every day, though I can't imagine moving back (internal turmoil!)
  8. I am headed to Cancun for 8 days in October for my honeymoon. 
  9. I want to breed Trinity to a paint SO BAD! I think she would be an awesome mamma, I want a horse I have raised from birth, and I love colored horses (can that count as 3 things?).
  10. I am lazy. I mean really lazy. I have to force myself to get up and do things. When I do I am happy, when I don't I am sad, but it is still an internal struggle.
  11. Sometimes I still feel like I am play acting this whole adulthood thing. 




My 11 Questions from S. Lauren:

  1. Describe your dream horse: My dream horse would be a Trinity Filly from a Paint Homozygous Stallion. It would be stocky as hell, about 16HH, and all attitude!
  2. What kind of pets do you have: I have the 2 girls, 3 dogs (Remy - Beagle/Border Collie, Dixie and Sadie - Rat Terrier Litter Mates), 1 Cat (Kieren - 20lb. monster), 1 Rabbit (Pepper - also known as Crock Pot)
  3. Your favorite food: My favorite food is probably Frozen Yogurt. If it was calorie free I would eat it every day. My other favorites are salty carbs (french fries, chips, etc.)
  4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go: I have always wanted to go to Greece, Scotland, Ireland, and Australia!
  5. What are your favorite stores to shop at: Murdochs (yay Farm Supply Stores!)
  6. What are some things on your "bucket list?: Going to the places listed above, Having a Trinity Filly, Owning my own little farm paradise
  7. What are you talented at: Riding Horses, Troubleshooting Audio/Visual systems, Puzzle Games. I wish I was talented at drawing or painting...does that count?
  8. What are your pet peeves? Oh man, I have a ridiculously low tolerance level. I have so many pet peeves it isn't even funny. The one I can think of right now, because it just happened, is people who leave a voicemail and don't say who it is or leave a call back number (unless your my close family, assume I DONT recognize your voice!)
  9. Favorite quote: "The Outside of a Horse is good for the inside of a Girl"
  10. If you magically got $1,000 how would you spend it: I would put it in savings to use on my Honeymoon for ridiculous spa treatments and awesome adventures!
  11. What's an act of kindness you've done: I try to always be kind and reach out for people. I hate when people either don't recognize it or burn me for being kind and supportive. I often will pick up the bill for dinner or something if I know someone is having a hard time. I try to always show extreme thanks and giving back when someone does something for me. I can't think of one specific thing right now. 

My 11 Questions from Alicia:
  1. If you didn't ride horses- what would you be doing? I would probably be an expert puzzle game player or something. I have had horses since I was 7, so I have no idea!
  2. What was your most amusing fall off a horse? I was doing a trial ride on the big tiny fat fuzzy grey paint pony. She was HUGELY fat. We cinched her up as tight as possible and I got one. As I was trotting the saddle started slipping, slipping, slipping. I finally just plopped off and the saddle slid completely under the pony's belly. 
  3. What is your most visited website? Blogger! HAHA! It used to be Google Reader, but they discontinued it and I am SO MAD! Also, probably Facebook (to keep in touch with friends that are far away). Then, probably Netflix (I like to have stuff playing in the background).
  4. Favourite game? (computer game, sport etc.) I have recently started playing Dungeons and Dragons with some friends (nerdy I know!) and I LOVE it. I always made fun of it, but it is difficult, strategic, puzzles, and so much more. 
  5. What was your first car (or future first car)? 1999 Ford Explorer Limited Edition. I LOVE that truck. It is still chugging but I have a new Nissan XTerra. 
  6. Do you have any pets? Name?Species? 2 Horses (Trinity - Thoroughbred, Frosty - QH), 3 Dogs (Remy - Beagle/Border Collie, Dixie and Sadie - Rat Terrier Litter Mates), 1 Cat (Kieren - 20 lb Cat Monster), 1 Rabbit (Pepper - crockpot)
  7. What food is irresistible to you? Frozen Yogurt! Or Salty Carbs!
  8. If you had to choose between living in a desert or a rainy climate- which would you choose? That is so hard! I can see the benefits of both. I think a rainy climate would be nice, because when it wasn't rainy it would be gorgeous; however, I hate humidity...
  9. What first got you into horses? I started taking lessons when I was 6. I am not sure what got me in to it, I guess I have always loved horses. 
  10. If you could own any animal in the world as a pet- what would you choose? WOLF (as long as it wouldn't eat me!)
  11. What's your favourite song right now? I love any country music. I like Taylor Swift (no Taylor arguments please!), I love country with a beat, a story, and singable lyrics. 

My Nominations:

AHHHH, All of my favorite smaller blogs have already been nominated...blast me for waiting so long to do this!
Questions for my Peeps
I have no peeps :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment